Hybridoma Cloning Medium
BriClone is a conditioned medium collected from a human cell line, supplied as a frozen medium in 100ml aliquots. It is a cloning medium suitable for use in the post fusion stages of hybridoma production and for cloning hybridoma cells under conditions of limiting dilution. When added to culture media, BriClone replaces the function of feeder cells.
Why use BriClone?
The use of feeder cells to support the outgrowth of hybridomas has several disadvantages. These include the potential problem of batch to batch variation in the quality of feeder cells, plus feeder cells compete with freshly fused hybridomas resulting in the depletion of vital nutrients from the culture medium. BriClone has been developed to overcome these common problems that occur with feeder cells.
- Increased efficiency: BriClone is more efficient then feeder cells in cloning by limiting dilution methods
- Reduces risk of culture contamination
- Eliminates batch variation
- No depletion of nutrients by feeder cells
- No time consuming preparations
- Mycoplasma free
An example of hybridma cloning using BriClone (5%) or mouse macrophages as feeder cells. The hybridomas were cloned by limiting dilution at 1 cell/well.